“Making the Very Complex…Awesomely Simple” is no mere catch-phrase, it is truly John Spence’s mission in life. For the past two decades John has traveled worldwide to assist more than 300 client companies such as Microsoft, IBM, Apple, GE, Qualcomm and numerous other Fortune 500 firms.
To give you a little background on John…at the age of just 26 he was named CEO of an international Rockefeller foundation, where he directed projects in 20 countries. Two years later he was recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of our country’s “Up and Coming Young Business Leaders,” and in 2011 John was selected as one of the Top 100 Business Thought Leaders in America.
John is the author of two books: “Excellence by Design” and “Awesomely Simple” and has been a guest lecturer at more than 90 colleges and universities including Harvard, Stanford, Cornell and the Wharton School of Business.
Download photos and John's bio or call us for more information.
PO Box 357606
Gainesville, FL 32635-7606
- Graduated from the University of Florida as the top Public Relations Student in the Southeast and number three in the United States – according to Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA).
- Named Executive Director (CEO) of The Billfish Foundation – a Rockefeller Foundation – in 1991 at the age of 26. Worked directly for Winthrop P. Rockefeller III.
- Nominated by Florida Trend Magazine as one of the top CEO’s under the age of 40 in Florida at the age of 27.
- Testified before Congress twice.
- Co-hosted several episodes of ESPN’s Saltwater Journal national fishing program.
- Co-founder and former Marketing Director of the World Billfish Series, the 31 richest marlin fishing tournaments in the world, awarding more than 5 million dollars in prize money and 2 million to charity annually.
- Founder of Flycaster & Company – corporate training and consulting firm.
- Has personally delivered speeches, training or consulting to more than 280 organizations worldwide in the past nine years. Client list includes such organizations as: GE Capital, AT&T, Lanier, IBM, Kinko’s, NCR, PepsiCo, EDS, Alltel, Bell Atlantic, US Navy, Frito-Lay, Perot Systems, Verizon, Tropicana, Qualcomm, PrimeCo, State of Florida, State of Mississippi – and more than 80 US colleges and universities.
- Has worked on numerous projects in excess of 100 million dollars.
- Delivers speeches to an average of 30,000 people each year. Largest audience: 8,000.
- Received the Dale Carnegie Institute’s “Award of Highest Achievement” for excellence in public speaking.
- Outstanding Speaker of the Year” in 1999 by the Florida Employer’s Advisory Council – representing 3000+ businesses in that state.
- Serves as "Executive in Residence" to the University of Central Florida Technology Incubator.
- Serves as a Special Advisor to the Rawls college of Business at Texas Tech University.
- Serves as an Executive Education Instructor at the University of North Florida's Department of Continuing Education.
- Has read at least 100 business, personal/professional development books each year for the past 12 years. Listens to an additional 30-50 business books on tape each year as well.
- All speeches are customized for the client and professionally designed on PowerPoint.