Top 100 Leadership Speakers for Your Conference
Inc. Magazine has named John Spence as one of the top 100 great leadership speakers for speaking events.
Top 100 Leadership Experts on Twitter for 2016
AMA’s Leaders to Watch in 2015
American Management Association
The American Management Association, one of the world’s most respected business and professional development organizations, has named John Spence as one of the top 50 leaders to watch in 2015.
2014 Impact Award Recipient
Business In the Heart of Florida
100 Great Leadership Speakers
The Impact Award recognizes those individuals in the community that have motivated, educated, inspired and altogether had a positive impact on our business community.
100 Great Leadership Speakers
Inc. magazine December 2014
Named as one of the 100 best leadership speakers, others on the list include: Tom Peters, Gary Hamel, Jim Collins, Jim Kouzes, Barry Posner, Bréne Brown, Tony Hsieh, Rosabeth Moss Kanter and Marshall Goldsmith.
Top 5 Small Business Experts America – Community Choice Award
Small Business Trends September 2014
Voted as one of the top Five Small Business Experts in America by small business owners across the United States.
Top 50 Leadership Blogs in the World
Worldwide Center for Organizational Development July 2014
Recognized as one of the top 50 leadership blogs in the world based on multiple Internet rankings, number of followers and quality of content.
Top 500 Leadership Development Experts in the World
HR.com April 2014
John Spence recognized as one of the top 500 leadership development experts in the world. Prestigious Leadership Awards salute top leadership practitioners and highlight their roles in the industry. Vail, Colorado (PRWEB) April 10, 2014 Distinguished recipients of the Leadership 500 Excellence Awards for 2014 were named today for outstanding achievements in leadership development and programs at the 2014 Global Leadership Excellence Forum being held in Vail, Colorado. Author and business adviser, John Spence, was among those chosen for this elite award based on his contributions in the areas of leadership development and building high-performance organizations. He has also been recognized as a top global thought leader in the area of trustworthy business behavior and as one of America’s Top 100 Small Business Influencers. “Leadership is an art that requires constant practice and focus to master. The firms and individuals recognized in the Leadership 500 Excellence Awards program significantly help organizations grow and develop their leaders through some of the most impactful programs we have ever seen,” stated Debbie McGrath, CEO of HR.com. “I am deeply honored to be recognized for my work,” said Spence. “I have dedicated the last twenty years of my life to helping people and organizations become more successful and it is wonderful that I have been able to make a positive contribution.” John was recognized as #10 in the world in the “Small Firm” category as he is a solo-practitioner.
Top 100 Small Business Influencer in America
Small Business Trends October 2013
Recognized in the area of “Expert” for outstanding impact and influence on the success of small businesses across North America.
- 2013: Recognized on global list of top business thinkers along with Sir Richard Branson of the Virgin group, Howard Schultz of Starbucks and Tony Hsieh of Zappos.
- 2011–2013: Recognized as one of the top 100 business thought leaders in “Trustworthy Business Behavior.”
- 2012 – Present: Instructor in the Entrepreneurial Masters Program at MIT, co-sponsored by the Entrepreneurs Organization.
- 2012 to Present: Lead Instructor for the National Association of Federal Credit Unions’ Management & Leadership Institute.
- 2011 to Present: Selected as Director of Best Practice Innovation at the Best Practices Institute.
- 2001 to Present: Instructor – Strategic Thinking / Strategic Planning for the Securities Industries Institute at the Wharton School of Business.
- 2000 to Present: Lead Instructor at the Abrahams Leadership Academy for the Florida Recreation and Parks Association.
- 2001–2012: Senior Instructor for the Professional Development Program at the Mayo Clinic.
- 2012: Honorable Mention from Small Business Trends as a top small business influencer in America along with Malcolm Gladwell, Seth Godin and Apple.
- Alumni of: Renaissance Weekend, Global Institute for Leadership Development, Aspen Institute Ideas Fest, TEDx.
- John has been a guest lecturer at more than 90 colleges and universities across the United States including: Stanford, Cornell, Brown, Harvard, MIT and the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Graduated from the University of Florida as the top Public Relations Student in the Southeast and number three in the United States – according to Public Relations Student Society of America.