Written by Frank Sonnenberg
When was the last time you paused to reflect on your life? You’re too busy for that, right? Wouldn’t you like to know if you should continue full-speed ahead or if you’re veering off course? Here are 35 questions to inspire self-reflection. They will help you identify your values, discover your driving forces, challenge your behavior, and determine whether you should recalibrate your direction.
Finding the right answer begins with the right question.
A Moment of Self-Reflection
- Do you give it your best or do just enough to squeak by?
- Which holds more value for you: relationships or things?
- Is your focus more on planning for the future or reliving the past?
- Do you define good or let others define it for you?
- What wouldn’t you do for money?
- How is the public you different from the private you?
- Do you make as much effort exercising your mind as your body?
- Are you a good role model?
- Would you choose to be friends with yourself?
- What criteria do you use to determine happiness?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- Is your reputation overrated or underrated?
- What are your top priorities? (Do you treat them accordingly?)
- Would you compromise your integrity to get what you want?
- What are the most valuable lessons that you’ve learned?
- Are you a giver or a taker?
- Do you think for yourself or follow the pack?
- If someone wrote your biography, what would it be called?
- What mistakes have you made more than once?
- Are you more likely to accept responsibility or to blame others for your disappointments?
- Do you generally try to satisfy others or to please yourself?
- Is it more important for you to be liked by others or by yourself?
- Do you buy things because you want them or because you need them?
- How do you know if you’re being true to your values or veering off course?
- Do you chart your own course or go with the flow?
- Would you rather be successful or happy?
- Do you appreciate what you have or do you take things for granted?
- Are you proud of the way you live your life?
- Who are your role models? What makes them special?
- Are you living up to your full potential?
- What’s holding you back?
- If you could live your life again, what would you do differently?
- What do you wish others knew about you?
- If you could accomplish one more thing, what would it be?
- How do you want to be remembered?
This is an excerpt from Listen to Your Conscience. That’s Why You Have One.
LISTEN UP … The book Listen to Your Conscience. That’s Why You Have One is now available as an audiobook. Check it out on Amazon, Audible, or iTunes.
Develop your strategic thinking with ‘Strategy Made Awesomely Simple.‘ This course will guide you in honing a strategic mindset, setting achievable goals, and implementing them effectively. To discover more, click the image below. Furthermore, I eagerly anticipate sharing practical techniques that will not only enhance your business strategy but also consistently contribute to your overall success.